7.09.2009

Potty Time!

I am so excited! I just got off the phone with Daniel, my Mom, Mrs. Crowson, Eric, Hannah, and Regan to let them all know that JACKSON TT'd ON THE POTTY for the first time! YEAH! Jackson has been saying, "Ooh. Potty," followed by pulling down his pants when he feels like he needs to go or is wet or soiled for the past couple of weeks. So, I started sitting him on the big potty. Today, we picked up this frog potty from Target. (I had a little one with Rivers that had a cushioned seat and a lid...you don't need bells and whistles to learn to go potty. All that stuff is just more to keep clean.) When Jackson woke up from his nap today, he said, "Ooh. Potty." So, off we went to sit on his new frog potty, and within 20 seconds, he had TT'd! I know that this is too much information for some folks, but this is a blog about and for my kids. This is huge in my book! The beginning of good things to come! YEAH!

Rivers started getting interested in going to the potty at this age, and I didn't push it because I was pregnant and tired and getting ready to move. I wish I had worked on it more because she was ready. She would TT and BM on the potty, but I just wasn't consistent enough with it. She was officially in big girl panties just following her 3rd birthday. I was kicking myself having to change two children in diapers..and paying for them! Here's what Rivers looked like then. What a sweetie! Time sure does fly!