10.31.2008

Healing

Thursday and Friday closely mirror each other for Rivers. She is still very sleepy but wakens to talk or let me read her a book. In the middle of the day today, she stopped complaining to the nurses (after she told a student nurse this morning, "I don't like you.") We washed her hair today and got her smelling fresh and started taking GiraffE (her blanket) away except for when she slept. She still has an epidural, but they went down on it slightly tonight after she continued going up and down on her oxygen throughout the day today and yesterday. Hopefully, she will do better with it off which they will do in the morning. I hope that her pain will be able to be controlled by oral medicine in the morning. Tomorrow, I really think that she will turn the corner and be more back to herself. Without the epidural and all of the cords and wires, she'll be able to go out into the hallway and the playroom next door. Everyone has been so wonderful here, but obviously, we're ready to get back home. Rivers will get out of the hospital on Sunday morning/midday and we'll go directly to the airport. We're hoping to get a direct flight home instead of having to go through Newark. Sorry this is all jumbled, but I'm exhausted and can't get my thoughts in order.