9.30.2008

Why We Do What We Do


This morning at church, Rivers made this little card that says "GOD." It is so simple, but it clearly states so many things and has caused me to think all day about this little green card with the macaroni spelling out "GOD."
Rivers' new favorite "why?" question: "Why are we going to...Sunday school, church, Cubbies, your Bible study, children's choir, mission friends?" Rivers is very curious as to what we'll be up to each day. She loves to go to church and always asks to go there. We're usually there at least 3 days out of the week. Even though she enjoys going, she has turned going to one of her favorite places into her latest "why?" question. I have been explaining to her that we go because we love God and we want to learn more about Him and about His Son, Jesus. This is usually followed by another "why?" Tomorrow morning, I will simply state "GOD." We'll see what she says. I want to explain things to her, but I am getting exhausted. Maybe God is working to teach me to look at the root of why we do what we do. Ultimately, is it about Him?