8.18.2008

Waking Up Jackson

Ever since Jackson was a little baby, I go into his room to wake him up in the morning, turn on the light, turn off his noisemaker, and let him continue to listen to his music for awhile while I quietly slip out to wake Rivers up. Usually, he raises his head with his eyes squeezed shut and smiles really big. It is so cute! Now, he wakes up a little bit earlier (between 7:30 and 8:00) and I can hear him in there playing and talking. I went in today to do our little morning routine and discovered that he was waiting for me! He looked so cute sitting up in bed with his chunky little legs hanging out between the crib rails! He did this a couple of times over the weekend on the side of the crib facing his room, but today both in the morning and at naps, he was staring at the door waiting for me to come in. He is definitely more eager to see morning come than I normally am!