5.26.2011

Preschool Graduation



Rivers' preschool graduation was Tuesday evening, May 24th. She and her friends entered the sanctuary of Lexington Baptist to the song "Hello to All the Children of the World." I don't think that I'll hear that song again without getting teary eyed. I have heard Rivers singing that little song around the house for several months now, and I just love hearing her sing "hello" in nine different languages. It was adorable! Mrs. Debbie Crutchfield presented Rivers with her Preschool Diploma at the end of the ceremony.







Katherine and Emily slept most of the way through the graduation. We had planned on a babysitter keeping them, but it fell through at the last minute. I think Rivers enjoyed having them there.

Rivers made friends with a little girl named Kally this year. We didn't realize it at the time, but she is the daughter of Kent Lane, Rivers' orthotist who made her hip and leg braces for several years.
Rivers' friends, Lauren and Meredith, will be with her at Meadow Glen Elementary next year along with two other preschool friends, Julie and Mary Grace.

Rivers' last day of preschool was yesterday, Wednesday, May 25th. It was very emotional saying goodbye to her teachers and Mrs. Betty, the preschool director. We have been so blessed by this preschool and their ministry to Rivers and our family. She started preschool in a wheelchair in August of 2009 and leaves in May of 2011 walking, jumping, running, and climbing. She even learned to ride a tricycle at preschool early this year. Sweet memories!