
Today was Jackson's 2
nd birthday! It is so hard to believe that my youngest child is now 2! We started the day by going into his room and singing "Happy Birthday," which he wasn't the least bit interested in. He only wanted to drink his milk, so off we went. The grandparents, aunts, and uncles came over for a hamburger supper and cake later in the day.


We picked a Blues Clues birthday cake for Jackson simply because it was age appropriate based on the others cakes we had to choose from at
Publix. I toyed with the idea of just getting a big number "2" cake and setting a cell phone and keys on top. He's not into television shows at all, except for his Praise Baby DVD, and his favorite "toys" are Daniel's keys and his cell phone. He has very simple tastes! Buddy needed a little bit of help from his big sister to blow out the candles!

the Jackson side of the family

the
Crowson side of the family

As if I don't know this already: a "Boys Will Be Boys" t-shirt from Mimi. Isn't that the truth?!

Is this a ride-on toy? Now it is!

I get to do Uncle Eric's shopping for the kids since he LOVES shopping so much. So, among a few other gifts, he gave Jackson the book
The ABCs of Carolina. Coming from a huge Clemson fan, all he could do was laugh! Thanks Uncle E!

Jackson took a break in between gift opening to fuel up on some birthday cake! Yum!

I love my football Aunt Hannah and Uncle Owen!

My first tricycle! Daniel, Rivers, and I gave Jackson his present at the end of the night. He was so adorable! He hopped right on and began to push off with his feet. Next purchase: a helmet!

Rivers trying to make a get away...
My sweet little son! Sweet meaning of course: affectionate, crazy, loving, and loud. You are all rough-and-tumble boy (except when you wear my heels around the house and carry Rivers' pocketbooks). Daddy and I have been amazed at how much you've changed this past year. From a sweet little baby, into a little ball of fire! God has been so faithful to give us a daughter and then a son: one of each to learn and to grow to appreciate the differences and similarities between the two. We love you and are praying for you as you enter your third year of life. Daddy and I are always on your side, so just remember that when you're in time out for the fifth time in one afternoon on the other side of your bedroom door! We'll get through this little stage and will grow closer through it! I'm counting on that! We love you Buddy Bo!