9.12.2009

Boston Trip

We were in Boston September 10-12 to have Rivers' cast removed. In the picture above, she is laying on the x-ray table preparing to have an x-ray of her left hip and leg. I have never thought to take a picture of this since I'm always the one to take her in, but it crossed my mind this visit.
Waiting outside of the cast room, Rivers was a little bit nervous hearing the saws to remove other children's' casts. We assured her that they didn't have to do that to hers because it was already split down the sides. They just had to cut the tape off, and there sat her precious little leg! It is amazing to me how much your muscles can atrophy in just five weeks from lack of use. She wasn't sore, though, which is was wonderful. Dr. Kasser did seem disappointed when he went to move her knee and it stopped. He had her relax and tried it again, but again, nothing more than the amount of flexion we had before. We'll see how the knee does after some physical therapy. This surgery, though, did get her leg completely straight as we have never seen it before, so we praise God for that! We'll see what's in store for her knee in the coming year, but I have a feeling we'll be headed back to Boston.
I thought that the scar looked amazingly good! They did a beautiful job, and Rivers was so proud of it!