


Jackson had a wonderful day today! When I got to the hospital this morning (Mimi stayed with him last night,) he tried to open his eyes and he could just barely see out of his left eye. He was so happy to be able to see again. Once again, his fearlessness returned. He sat up in bed and started crawling around and babbling. He was on the move, which made me nervous with all of the cords that had to be looked after. They capped off his IV and removed the leads to the monitors, so he only had the drain bag which we pinned to the back of his pajamas. He loved the Exersaucer that they brought to the room. I took him down to the play room, and he crawled and walked around while playing with toys. He was back to himself, and I couldn't be more happy unless we were able to go home today. The doctor said that he had too much fluid leakage yesterday to remove the drain, thus, they will determine in the morning whether or not he can go home. He didn't have nearly as much drainage today, so my hopes are high! I miss Daniel and Rivers and can't wait to get home so that we can all be together again!