12.01.2008

Thanksgiving and Beyond

I have just not felt like blogging lately! I have sort of been in a "funk" ever since Jackson's surgery got postponed (now it's January 12th). Regardless, we've been making the most of this time together. Jackson is changing so quickly, and even Rivers can appreciate how special it is to watch him learn how to stand on his own and take his first independent steps. She gets so excited! We've tried not to make a big deal about since she can't walk right now, but she just laughs and encourages him and doesn't think a thing about herself. It is so precious! Jackson and I got to spend the day together on the 13th, and it was nice to have some time for just the two of us. We played in his room, and I took these pictures of him:

When we finished playing, Jackson crawled down the hall to Rivers' room and played peek-a-boo with me by opening and closing the door. He is fascinated with doors and drawers right now and has had his fair share of smashed fingers!

Rivers and Jackson have really enjoyed playing together lately. The kitchen set continues to be a huge hit (last year's big Santa gift). Sometimes, Rivers gets a little frustrated that Jackson is able to get to whatever he wants when she can't reach things. Most of the time, we balance her on one knee to play kitchen.

On November 23rd, my big brother (by 15 months) Eric, celebrated the big "three-one!" Happy birthday Eric! We went out to eat at Yamato's and ate German chocolate cake. We always have a good time hanging out and catching up on his tennis and hunting stories.

On Eric's birthday, Christian (my youngest brother...too young to date) played kitchen with Rivers. How sweet! Our Thanksgiving Day picture! Hey, it's as good as it gets! Rivers wanted to have her arm around Jackson, and Jackson wanted to get down.


Rivers and I watched Santa come to town on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.


We went to Daniel's parents' house for lunch and had a fabulous meal: turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings, and Rivers' favorite: lima beans! We drove to my grandparents' house in Estill while the children napped. Somehow, I managed to not take a single picture except for Daniel playing the guitar with Jackson! I'll be sure to get some pictures at Christmas! It was a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and we are so grateful for how the Lord has blessed us this year!